9 Eating tips that will help you get the Weight off
Nutrition is usually a hot topic when I have conversations with my Personal Training clients. Often times people think that it is the consumption of fat that makes it hard for us to manage our weight. Although this may be true, I spend a lot of time explaining to my weight loss clients that it’s the hidden things within some foods that make it nearly impossible to lose weight. The old saying, “what you don’t know can hurt you”, is true in this instance. I decided to write out some eating tips of things to stay away from to help accelerate your weight loss efforts.
1. If you don’t know what it is, or you can’t pronounce it, then you probably shouldn’t eat it. If you don’t recognize the ingredient, your body won’t either.
2. Don’t eat any foods that have more than seven ingredients in it. When you eat foods that have tons of ingredients in them, the majority of the time those extra ingredients are fillers. These fillers will cause inflammation throughout the body and have you feeling bloated.
3. Put down the Microwavable dinners and Canned foods (with the exception of tuna fish) because they have preservatives in them that make it extremely hard for anyone to lose weight. You would be better off placing your meals in an air tight Tupperware container or storing them in zip lock bags for future use.
4. Read what you eat! If it’s going inside of your body, you should know what it is. Read all of your nutrition labels. Foods that have a suffix of “ose” mean that it has a high amount of unnatural sugar. Stay away from these extra sugars.
5. Remove any foods with high fructose corn syrup in it. This is also sugar by disguise. The reason why you want to stay away from extra sugar is because sugar that the body can not turn into energy and fuel will be converted into fat.
6. Avoid Genetically Modified Organisms also known as GMO’s. Although there aren’t any clear cut links that connect GMO’s to chronic diseases, there is an increasing number of studies from the American Academy of Environmental Medicine that are revealing GMO’s to be connected to food allergies, disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, and digestive problems.
7. Eliminate soda from your diet, and replace it with water and tea. Studies have shown that two people having similar eating habits, with the same activity level and all conditions being equal that the one person that gives up soda for one year stands to lose as much as 25 pounds.
8. Stay away from Monosodium glutamate also known as MSG. Some experts believe that the continuous ingestion of MSG can cause excessive weight gain, diabetes, adrenal gland malfunction, seizures, high blood pressure, stroke and other health problems. MSG can be found in most Chinese food.
9. Substitute your canned foods with fresh foods and frozen foods. Canned foods have low level food quality, preservatives, and aluminum leaks. These things will not help to develop a functioning body that is able to manage its own weight.
If your goal is to pursue a healthy life and to lose weight, then it is important to eat the right foods. Eating foods that are natural, fresh and without additives and preservatives is the best way to manage your weight, and to live an active life style. When in doubt, just keep it FRESH!
Maxim Nazaire is a Wellness Expert who specializes in injury rehabilitation double digit weight loss, and running performance. Nazaire is the owner and Head trainer of Fit2DMax – Roswell, GA Personal Trainer which is a Personal training company with locations in Roswell, GA as well as Atlanta, GA. He is the author of two critically-acclaimed books including his latest book, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Wellness. Maxim has been featured on CNN Headline News Health as their go to health contributor where he shares his philosophy on wellness with television viewers all over the world. Max enjoys sports, poetry, and volunteering at his church in the young men’s ministry. He is married to his beautiful wife Danay Nazaire and currently reside in Atlanta, GA.
You can connect with Max for more fitness tips and advice at these places:
Youtube: search Fit2DMax
Facebook: search Fit2DMaxRoswellGAPersonalTrainer
Twitter: search Fit2DMax
Instagram: search CoachMaxim