ARE YOU INJURED BUT WANT TO REACH YOUR FITNESS GOALS?
Be encouraged my friend, because exercise is one of the best ways to overcome an injury. There are two types of injuries
1. Acute injuries – These types of injuries usually occurs via car accident, an athletic injury where there is an collision, or a fall of some sort.
2. Overuse injuries – Overuse of certain muscles can cause imbalances in the the body due to repetitive use. Where one part of the body is weak, while the other part of the body is dominant and causes the joints to move off track. Joints operating off line leads to injury over time.
In both injury instances, more strength is needed. When an injury occurs, atrophy (muscle loss) develops within the muscles. The natural tendency when most people are injured is that they stop moving to protect the injured part of the body. The problem with that is that the body begins a process of deconditioning and often times the injury doesn’t get better on it’s own.
We all know that being active is an important part of staying fit and overall wellness. So what do you do when you want to exercise and you are sidelined with an injury? We say as well as most Doctors, Physical therapist and Wellness practitioners say there is always some alternative exercise that you can do in a safe and effective manner!
Rest and rehabilitation is important to to healing process, but staying active can help you recover spiritually, mentally and physically.
- Most people can achieve their fitness and wellness goals including weight loss while injured. With the proper adjustments in an individual’s workout routine as well as modifications in their eating habits, many people become in better shape prior to their injury.
- Exercise can help stimulate bone density by stimulating osteoblast which are cells that generate new bone. This is huge for people with breaks or fractures in their bones.
- The correct exercise program can develop the right muscle tension relationship and decrease the chances of overuse injuries.
- An exercise program combined with a rehabilitation program can help most individuals recover from surgery faster, develop strength in weakened areas and regain functionality in the injured area.
- An exercise program combined with a rehabilitation program can help most individuals recover from surgery faster, develop strength in weakened areas and regain functionality in the injured area.“There is no medication or nutritional supplement that even comes close to having all of the effects exercise does,” says David C. Nieman, PhD, author of The Exercise-Health Connection: How to Reduce Your Risk of Disease and Other Illnesses by Making Exercise Your Medicine (Human Kinetics, 1998). “It’s truly the best medicine we know of.”We tend to think of exercise as a preventive measure — something that helps us maintain our general fitness and keep excess weight at bay.
The reality is that exercise has a vast range of healing influences on the body — influences that can help reverse negative biochemical trends, while improving our resiliency and immunity at virtually every level of our physiology. Good fitness has global healing effects, working simultaneously on multiple systems to improve mental, spiritual and physical health.
AT FIT2DMAX WE OVERCOME INJURIES TO HELP PEOPLE FIND HEALING AND WELLNESS WITH OUR 3 STEP PROCESS:
DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THE INJURY.
ASSESS THE CURRENT STATE OF THE INJURY TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE AT.
DISCOVER THE SOLUTION AND IMPLEMENT IT IMMEDIATELY WITH A TAILOR MADE WELLNESS PROGRAM THAT WILL DELIVER RELIEF, FUNCTIONALITY, HEALING AND WELLNESS.
When you book your Consultation, we will be able to determine where you are at and make the right recommendations for you to see success.